Friday, October 24, 2008

VOTE

Most of you know my insatiable craving for political debate and upon reading one of my dear friends blogs (love ya Lindsey) I felt compelled myself to post my "humble" (yah, right!) opinions on my blog. It's funny because I love to talk politics but in all reality I hate discussing it when it stirs contention and so therefore I don't discuss it with a whole lot of people who oppose my views just for that fact (And I now work with a whole lot of people who oppose my views). Political views shouldn't be something that would damage a relationship or friendship just because you don't see eye to eye. This year has not been a difficult decision, for me, on who to vote for not because I think my candidate is the One and Only but because the opposing candidate, to me, is far from that. It is not because of my religion that I vote for John McCain (or any Republican for that fact) but it is because of what I feel in my heart and head on ALL views expressed by each candidate. Girls, even though I don't agree with Lindsey politically I do admire her for using her voice. Do what she says, get in the game and learn this stuff for yourselves. Find out what's important to you. Don't go by what your husband says but by what you say. Each of you has a voice, use it! Research it. If you want to know about Barrack then go to his website not some other blogger, if you want to know about John McCain then go to his website, too. Do this for your kids and the future America that they have to grow up in. Not too long ago women fought for our right to vote and to have a say. They were beaten and imprisoned for fighting for this right. Many women now take it for granted. I strongly encourage all of you to make sure you're registered, research the candidates, and VOTE!
P.S. Bill Dew is a great guy too! If you have any questions about his political format just go to billdew.com

5 comments:

{Lindsey} said...

Love ya tons, Lisa!! It's such a great thing that we can all think for ourselves and be mature enough to put our differences aside and still love each other. I know how you are with politics, and I am the same way when it comes to discussing them...I just pretty much don't.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I enjoyed taking it in :)

Nelson Family said...

I agree with the fact that most people just don't get involved and think for themselves. I've gotten into this year. I usually do for Presidential elections better than others. I am looking forward to excercizing my right to vote on Tuesday. Thanks Lisa.

Pugh Family said...

Well said Lisa! I really admire you and honestly you are my political advisor because you put in terms I can understand! I SMRT!

Amber Lee said...

Good blog, Lisa! And by the way, I early voted today! Go McCain!

Torrie Family said...

Just FYI I voted and I live in Canada now! I hope for the best for all of us Americans!
Tonya Torrie