Most of you reading this have probably already read the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and know how wonderful of a book it is but for those of you who haven't I highly recommend that you pick it up and enjoy the magnificent writing of this book. My sister and her husband gave this book to Brett for his Birthday and after he read it I decided to devour it just as he did. Every once in a while there is a book that comes around and has profound amazing things on almost every page, this is one of those books. Here is an excerpt from that:
"He still had some doubts about the decision he had made. But he was able to understand one thing: making a decision was only the beginning of things. When someone makes a desicion, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he never dreamed of when he first made the decision."
And one more:
"...tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity."
This book taught me that we all have our personal destiny in our lives, some it may be being a mother or teacher or friend but whatever it is we should never be afraid at being the best thing that it is we are to be. We should never be afraid of trying because not trying is more of a failure than trying and not succeeding.





8 comments:
I love you. I'm for sure going to see if our library has that book. How are you guys? I think I'll give you a call because we need to catch up!
I am totally going to the library tomorrow! Thanks for sharing...it sounds like an amazing, insightful book.
It was good to talk to you the other day!
Love ya and miss ya too :)
Lis, my friend swears by this book. She said it changed her life and I believe it because the past year of her life has been compelely amazing and she has done wonderful things. She keeps telling me to read it. So after your post, I am going to go buy it this week. It sounds like a book me and Jas both need to read. I hope you guys are doing well. We love and miss you all and can't wait to see you again. My plan is to come to Cedar this summer for sure. I told Jas I am going with or with out him. ;)
I'll have to check that one out. Thanks for the suggestion.
Ok now I have to get it! And I just love and excuse to go to Barns and Noble.:) The past few years I've struggled with the fear of trying.. . Sounds like the perfect book for me. Thanks so much for sharing Lisa!! &heart;
Cool, I am jealous! I want to borrow it!
Got it! from the library...reading it and love it! Thanks!!
I haven't read this, so thanks for the tip! I'll have to get it....
And I love the pics of your kids in bed with Brett. Isn't there something just adorable about seeing Daddy asleep with your babies?
Post a Comment