Monday, March 30, 2009

7 down and forever to go!


Don't we look so young and skinny in this picture? It's so great that Brett and I have been married now for seven years! For some of you this may cause you to reflect back to your 7 years of Bliss and for others it may make you wonder what it will be like when you reach this milestone. For us it has been one incredible adventure. Sure, we've never done anything "crazy" or "exciting" by the worlds standards but I really don't care about all of that. Our favorite vacation spot may be Preston Idaho and not the Bahamas and our favorite thing to do when we're together may be cuddling and watching a movie and not doing crazy out of this world stuff but we've come to accept that that's the type of people we are and our life is good, real good! I love being married to my best friend!
The top 7 things I love about Brett (in no particular order)
7. He dances with me in the kitchen to talk radio
6. He makes up songs and sings them at the top of his lungs
5. He loves his kids and takes them to the library every week
4. He has an incredible testimony of the gospel
3. He makes me laugh more than anyone
2. He is one of the most honest persons I know
1. He never fails to tell me he loves me about 80 times a day
I never knew it was possible to love someone more and more everyday and to feel more and more loved from that person every day.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pic!!! Happy Anniversary! I love being married its one of the only things I am good at LOL!!

Bon said...

Happy Anniversary! Who are those two kids in that picture? You two look so young! Love it!! I love your post! And amen, we are the same type as you...who needs a fancy vacation when you have each other. I feel the same way!:)

Jill said...

Happy Anniversary! Seven years? Wow. I remember when you told me you were engaged and I swear that wasn't seven years ago. Time goes by so fast.

Enjoy your day!

Nelson Family said...

Congratulations! You two are awesome. I have to admit I feel a little old. It'll be ten for us. Yikes! Have a great anniversary.

Ana said...

That's so sweet! I to do love to be married to my best friend!

{Lindsey} said...

What a sweet sweet post. Congratulations on 7 years!!!

Kris said...

Oh you and Brett are so cute! I love that picture. 7 years of marital bliss!! I can't believe you and me have put up with Brett and Jas for so long. They should be blessed to have such wonderful wives. ha ha! Love you guys!!

Pugh Family said...

So there is some good in Brett after all! Ha! Ha! I have to admit, I think he is pretty awesome most of the time, and when you got married- I was sort of like, hey you took my best Friend, but we both took on new best Friends! I think he's pretty lucky too! You're awesome!

treen+5 said...

Aww that's awesome. You are some of the lucky few to still be so in love. Same goes for us! :) Yes I do have a facebook and I'm on it ALL the time!! It's fun. You should for sure get one and add me as a friend. (Trina Goodwin Wright)

The Meyers said...

You guys look so cute! It goes so fast!

Amber Lee said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your sweet list of things you love about him--so cute!
I just read recently that in a survey of married couples from all different lengths of marriages, the 7th year is the very hardest--so congratulations! You made it through! :-)
Oh btw, were you serious about letting me take that bike? I'd really appreciate it, if you are, especially if we can find some training wheels for it!

Hans, Shell, Gabe, Hiett and Tait said...

I love your post. It's nice to be loved enough to be... comfortable. Is that the right word? Seven years is huge- you deserve a congratulations!

The Meyers said...

Time to update!!!